Last Updated: 9/1/2015
Collection of Information
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
● Usage Information: We collect usage information about your access to and use of the Services, including information about when you access and use our Services, the pages and screens you view, links clicked, your web browser information, the page you visited before navigating to our Services and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address.
● Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access and use our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique identifiers (such as your Advertising Identifier, which is also known as an "IDFA"), mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. In addition, the Services may access certain native applications on your device (such as your device's native calendar application), with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see the "Your Choices" section below.
● Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the use of this type of information through the Services. For more details, please see the "Your Choices" section below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
● Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
● Send you information related to the Services and your use thereof, which may include notifications or technical or administrative messages;
● Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
● Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Backcountry Studios and others;
● Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
● Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Backcountry Studios is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
Sharing of Information
● With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
● With third parties for use in analytics or for their own services or marketing purposes, such as offering products or services that may be of interest to you or providing advertisements, content or features that match your interests and preferences;
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Backcountry Studios or others;
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; or
● With your consent or at your direction.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information related to our Services, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Third Parties
For information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your usage information used for certain interest-based advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. If you use an iOS device, you also can opt out of certain interest-based ads by limiting ad tracking on your device. For more information about how to limit ad tracking on your iOS device, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074.
For information on how to opt out of having your usage information used for certain analytics related to the Services, please visit http://www.flurry.com/legal-privacy/end-user-opt-out.
Backcountry Studios takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Mobile Device Information
Some features of our mobile applications require access to certain native applications on your mobile device, such as your native calendar application (e.g., to provide weather forecasts based on your calendar events). If you decide to use these features, we will ask you for your consent prior to accessing your calendar application and collecting information. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's use and collection of this information. If you initially consent to our use and collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Push Notifications and Alerts
We may send technical or administrative push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.